How to Promote Your Event
WOW 90.9 is a 100,000 watt radio station serving a large area of N.W. Florida and South Central Alabama. We consider it a privilege to be able to promote events in our area that are designed to positively impact lives, and community events that are family friendly and serve to make our towns and cities a better place to live.
There are two sections below. The first section is for Public Service Announcements and the second section is for a more detailed or "enhanced" promotion of an event or concert. Please read both carefully and let us know how we can partner with you in promoting your event.
P.S.A. - Public Service Announcements
If your church or non-profit organization has an event coming up, we can include it on the Events Calendar of this website and with on-air announcements. Generally, approved announcements will air one to two times a day for about a week prior to the event. We would ask that the event be submitted at least two (2) weeks before the event. Complete the form at the bottom of this page to easily submit an event. In addition, you may submit an event by entering your information here.
Some notes regarding P.S.A.'s follows:
- It is best to submit your event at least two weeks in advance. (If promoting a concert, larger type of event, or an event that requires a registration or admission fee, please see next section below.)
- Basic information is required. Remember the 5 W's: Who, What, When, Where, and Why. Most important, the information must be submitted in writing.
- All events must have a contact telephone number in case we have questions.
- The number of times the announcement airs will vary, depending on the number of other events we are announcing during the same timpe period.
- If the announcement is submitted less than two weeks in advance, it is up to our discretion as to whether or not we will announce/post the event. The closer to the event the submission is, the more unlikely the event will be promoted.
- WOW® 90.9 reserves the right to edit all announcements or not to announce the event at all.
- Should you prefer to promote an event more often with professionally produced announcements, and your organization is a non-profit (a US IRS §501(c)(3) recognized public charity) or Church, then you are eligible to purchase Enhanced Announcements (air-time) at a special price from WOW 90.9. Please contact us at 1-251-809-1915 for more information.
Please keep in mind that WOW® 90.9 wants to assist in promoting your event. The above guidelines make it easier for us to assist all the many different churches and organizations that ask for our assistance in promoting their events.
Concert and Larger EventsFor concerts and larger events, we have established a few guidelines to assist in planning your event and will help WOW®90.9 with the promotion of it. They are as follows:
- All concerts and larger events should be scheduled at least two months in advance if possible, so that WOW 90.9 will have adequate time to promote the event. We suggest that you check with WOW 90.9 prior to booking a concert, so that we may be able to provide any helpful event/concert information that could possibly conflict with the timing of your event. We sincerely want to help in promoting all events and concerts and be able to provide our assistance and experience for the success of your event.
- All events that have giveaways should be scheduled one month in advance. All giveaways must be in possession of station personnel at least one (1) week before the start of the giveaway and/or promotion is to start, unless other arrangements have been made.
- All information must be in writing and submitted at least one (1) month in advance.
- Interviews must be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance.
- WOW 90.9 remote broadcasts or station appearances must be scheduled one (1) month in advance. Remotes or appearances are based on availability and our ability to coordinate staff and volunteers for the event.
We are very excited about promoting events in our listening areas. The guidelines, as stated above, will ensure that we have plenty of time to help you let others know about your event. If the timelines cannot be met, we may not be able to help you, so please use this as a tool in the planning of all your events. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Again, you may submit an event by entering your information here.