How to Promote Your Event
There are two sections below. The first section is for Public Service Announcements and the second section is for a more detailed or "enhanced" promotion of an event or concert. Please read both carefully and let us know how we can partner with you in promoting your event.
P.S.A. - Public Service Announcements
If your church or non-profit organization has an event coming up, we can include it on the Events Calendar of this website and with on-air announcements. Generally, approved announcements will air one to two times a day for about a week prior to the event.
Some notes regarding P.S.A.'s follows:
- It is best to submit your event at least two weeks in advance. (If promoting a concert, larger type of event, or an event that requires a registration or admission fee, please see next section below.)
- The number of times the announcement airs will vary, depending on the number of other events we are announcing during the same time period.
- If the announcement is submitted less than two weeks in advance, it is up to our discretion as to whether or not we will announce/post the event. The closer to the event the submission is, the more unlikely the event will be promoted. The closer to the event the submission is, the more likely it will NOT be will be promoted.
- WOW® Radio reserves the right to edit all announcements or NOT to announce an event at all.
- Should you prefer to promote an event with guaranteed, professionally produced announcements, or more announcements and your organization is a non-profit (a US IRS §501(c)(3) recognized public charity) or Church please contact us at 850-889-4157 or at .
WOW® Radio wants to assist in promoting your event and the above guidelines make it easier for us to assist all the different churches and organizations that ask for our assistance in promoting their events.
Concert and Larger Events
For concerts and larger events, we have established a few guidelines to assist in planning your event and will help WOW® Radio with the promotion of it. They are as follows:
- All concerts and larger events should be scheduled at least two months in advance if possible, so that WOW Radio will have adequate time to promote the event. We suggest that you check with WOW Radio prior to booking a concert, so that we may be able to provide any helpful event/concert information that could possibly conflict with the timing of your event. We sincerely want to help in promoting all events and concerts and be able to provide our assistance and experience for the success of your event.
- All events that have giveaways should be scheduled one month in advance. All giveaways must be in possession of station personnel at least one (1) week before the start of the giveaway and/or promotion is to start, unless other arrangements have been made.
- All information must be in writing and submitted at least one (1) month in advance.
- Interviews must be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance.
- WOW Radio remote broadcasts or station appearances must be scheduled one (1) month in advance. Remotes or appearances are based on availability and our ability to coordinate staff and volunteers for the event.
We are very excited about promoting events in our listening areas. The guidelines, as stated above, will ensure that we have plenty of time to help you let others know about your event. If the timelines cannot be met, we may not be able to help you, so please use this as a tool in the planning of all your events. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Again, you may submit an event by entering your information here.